About

The Holiday Inn Summit County is a 216 room hotel recently completely remodeled to showcase a "mountain-feel" exterior, enhancing the curb appeal and an interior that makes this your true "home away from home." With an indoor pool, hot tub and sauna as well as an on-site restaurant, the Holiday Inn Summit County is the perfect place to relax after a day of play in the gorgeous Rocky Mountains.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Colorado Remembers

Last week I went to Denver to volunteer for 9/11 remembrance through Colorado Remembers.

I met two wonderful ladies named Karen and Donde who were in my volunteer group. What group did I get paired with? FOOD. Of course. Was it paelo food? No way. Quiznos, which next to Jimmy Johns has the best bread, the one thing I couldn't have. And chips. The salt. The crunchy. the savory taste. I didn't have any of it. No bread, starch, but all for the fact that my pants fit better than they ever have.

So instead, I opted in for 5 Sammy's with the meat and tomatoes only, nuts and homemade blackberry lemonade from one of the vendors at the event.
It was yum!!

We saw many patriotic dogs volunteering too. One dog had a Vietnam veteran owner.







The fully breaded Sammy's and waters we handed out we're for many VIP members of the event who chatted and schmoozed around before the ceremony. Of course I am typically awkward when I am "schmoozing" which is why I tend to migrate toward scenic photo options or in this case, awesome memorabilia from 911. In particular, the event had pipes of the East and West towers, which were draped over with and American flag.

The ceremony was a wonderful recap of the hard times we have faced in the USA and Colorado most recently with the wildfires and the aurora movie theater shooting followed by incredible perseverance and strength we have all displayed.

And if you haven't heard Hazel Miller before, you tube her and take a listen. She has an amazing voice, hinting of gospel and praise for our Father and I got front row seats for her concert after the ceremony.





No comments:

Post a Comment